Tuesday, December 27, 2011

US Nationals

Currently I am sitting in the Portland JetPort ready to go to Burlington to then go to Craftsbury, VT to get some snow skiing in before I head to US Nationals this Friday. It is amazing how short of snow our country is right now.

I am very excited to get some more skiing in after spending the holidays in Jackson Hole, WY. Surprisingly, the snow there was equally as dismal as Colorado's snow as well. However, it was very nice to see my family and get some skiing in, now my 8th venue this winter so far.

US Natonals will be held in Rumford, ME this year, my old stomping grounds when I went to Bates College. it will be nice to see some people I haven't in a while and reconnect with friends.

We start up racing tomorrow. Here is our schedule:

Jan. 2: Skate Sprint
Jan. 4: 15km Skate
Jan. 5: 30km Classic (Mass start)
Jan. 6: Classic Sprint

I'll be giving updates all week on:
www.twitter.com/sylvanellefson

Here are some pictures from my past two weeks.



Me and my brother Kjell.



Kjell Nordic Skiing for his 3rd time ever...





0 comments: