Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Little R & R

I usually am great about getting my blogs in sometimes writing more than I have to, but I have come to this point in my season where I cease to have a strict schedule. I guess I blame it on that. April is my month of rest. A time to do things that I don't often get to do the other 11 months of the year when I am training, working, or hanging out with my 4th graders. This April I have been biking and spending as much time I can with my fiance, Sarah. Sarah is in school in Denver so I often trek down to the front range to "distract" her.

The weather has been fantastic and the riding has been great. I had the chance to get down to Fruita, Colorado for some great bike riding a couple of weeks ago with Sarah as well. It was surprisingly cold getting down to 26 degrees at night. Brrrrrrrr...

Currently, I am training my ankle and shoulder that I hurt at the end of the season back into shape. I am meeting with a PT friend of mine to get things rolling so that I am all ready to go in a week when the 2012/2013 season starts up!

I also just found out that I will be helping out with the same program in July as I did last summer. It was such a great experience for me so I can't wait to get back and help out again!

Below are some pictures from the spring and life!

Speaking of life, I'm getting married in August. Holy moly! Can't wait!

Lastly, seeing if I can get to Olympic Trials in Oregon in June so I can watch fellow ITA teammate Ben True crush it! Good luck buddy!







0 comments: