Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Interim

The past two weeks has been quite the time for me. Readjusting to altitude, readjusting to rollerskiing (and not running), and getting a chance to catch up on some work before I head to Lake Placid, which is conveniently, tomorrow.

It took a couple days for me to get used to the altitude. For a second there it was almost a little discouraging but it had been awhile since I had last had to adjust to altitude with staying fit at the top of my priority list. Last week was filled with good rollerskiing and some new strength that made it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

Last weekend was filled with fun. Long runs, hikes, bikes, weddings, and Oktoberfest! Two of my best buddies, their significant others, Sarah, and I had a blast living up all of it.

This past week felt much better in terms of training for me. Getting back on my feet with a couple of more days of altitude under my belt and getting some good workouts in before this coming week's workout with the US Ski Team and other fast hombres!

It is the reason I return every year to this camp. To learn from others and to keep pushing each other in a way that will help our men become some of the fastest in the world. This is the best way to get better in my belief.

Below are some pictures from this past two weeks events! Enjoy!

S

0 comments: