Monday, June 3, 2013

Back to Bend

The past two weeks I have been in Bend, OR. We come to this camp every year to "spark" the new training year. 


I came in May to train with the US Ski Team and it was a very enjoyable, worthwhile camp to come to. While the weather wasn't great, this camp provided me the opportunity to ski with some of the best nordic skiers in the country.


The US Ski Team left and now I will be here for another 2.5 weeks to have even more time on snow before I spend the rest of the season on dry land.

Earlier in the week I headed to a bar in town and watched Ben True's 5000m Diamond League race in which he placed 4th. Pretty cool to watch a buddy and former competitor on the big screen.



I also was fortunate enough to have some friends who work at Nike and invited me to the Prefontaine Classic in Eugene, OR this past weekend. It was such a fun event and I got to see what all goes into putting on such a big event. Pretty amazing the amount of product that is sold and promoted at these events. 





I am back in Bend now and will be training with my head down for the next couple of weeks. It'll be nice to get some good solid base hours of training in before the season really starts.





Hope all is well!

Best, 
S



0 comments: