Monday, July 29, 2013

A Simple Post about Training

Life has been good in the mountains. We are finally getting some much needed moisture and training has been good as ever!


Last week my teammates came to Vail to train: Noah, Tad, and Ryan. We live all over the state and rarely get to train together or see each other all at the same time so it was quite the treat getting to do some fun training with them.

It was a fairly intense week but not terribly rough. Just what I needed for this time of the summer. Plus it was good to do some "team" things like get some photos taken and talk about the coming year.

The most drastic change in my training has been my switch from biking to running. I have been running much more than I was in May or June and it has been a nice switch. It's hard for me because one of my biggest and most supportive sponsors, StreetSwell Longboards, sponsors me a bike, kit, and basically whatever I need they take care of on a whim, so I like to try and repay them by racing my bike and doing well so I can promote their company. 

Now I will represent them running for the rest of the summer. Running has been going well though and I'm happy to make the switch. I will go for rides still (like the 5hr one I went on today) but at a lesser rate.

I'll be hitting training pretty heavy for the next two weeks. Can't wait!

Best,
S



New suits in from our sponsor, Mt. Borah







0 comments: