Sunday, December 18, 2011

Home Again

I just got back home after 4 weeks on the road and I'll be honest when I say its not too much longer than that, that I like to be on the road. It was nice to get back to "some" snow, but not as much as we have been stomping around on for the past couple of weeks. We have had to make it work a little bit.

Anyway I had a great time in Canada racing at the Sovereign Lakes NorAm in British Columbia. It was a great duel of the USA and Canada. The first day of racing was a classic sprint, not always my best event but I was feeling pretty good going into it. I qualified 4th and then skied into the semifinal where I had a touch of bad luck getting nudged out on a left hand corner. I skied the B-final and felt like I really had the speed the whole day. Sometimes you just gotta be in the right place at the right time. I ended up placing 8th on the day and USA put 7 in the Top-12.


I'm in the back (Bib #4)
All photo credit to Jessie Winter Photography

The following day we had a 15km classic race. I woke up feeling slightly tired from the long day before but ready to rock and roll. Warming up I felt pretty good still. The snow was coming down when we got there but cleared by the time we had started. The course there is very hard. there is no other way to describe it. Its just hard. Its a World Cup course so what should you expect? Not a lot less than what we got. Regardless I knew I had to ski into it easy and work with the course as each lap unfolded. I was getting splits right around 5th and 6th the whole race and its where I ended up in the end. Again a good race for me. I was very happy with the result. 

It was also pretty awesome to be racing with my ITA teammates Torin Koos and Brian Gregg. These guys have been killing it as well. 

Now I am back home for a couple of days before I head back up to Jackson Hole to spend some Christmas time with my grandparents, mother, and brother! I am super excited! Right now I have just been training and having fun seeing people I haven't in a awhile. I'll leave you with some pictures of our day today climbing up to the top of Beaver Creek form the the base of the valley. It ended up being about a 1000 meter gain.




And our ugly sweater party!!!





0 comments: