Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Remembering Dad

I cruised up Vail Mountain yesterday with one of my dad's old buddies, Hooker Lowe, to go see a memorial he had made for my dad after he passed 13 years ago. I opted out of some bounding intervals with the team, and instead did them on my own as I headed up Tourist's Trap and Rivas Ridge on Vail Mountain. It took me about 50 minutes to get from Golden Peak to the top of Chair 3.

I had been wanting to go to this spot for some time. Anyway, Hook brought up some new pictures of him and we had a beer in his honor. Quite an emotional experience for me to go up there, but always reminds me how precious life is, to love, and live life to the fullest. Carpe Diem.

Here are some pictures of the afternoon:








I am also excited to announce that I found a placement to be a Classroom Assistant at Red Sandstone Elementary School. I went to RSES from Kindergarten to 4th grade and had some great years there. Pretty excited to go back and give back to a school that gave me so much. I will be in the classroom with Kristine Chalk, a former teacher of mine at Vail Mountain School.

S






  

0 comments: