Friday, February 10, 2012

Eastern Block World Cups Begin!

After having a great time in Russia. I good, cold, time...we headed back to Ramsau, Austria for some training. I had to rehab my legs and my toes a little bit after the cold weather in Russia. I went to a physiotherapist who worked on my legs for awhile, which was an immense help. I had to keep my toes constantly moving to help them stay warm. I have had trouble keeping my toes warm in any weather since I frost nipped them in middle school alpine racing.

We left for the Czech Republic on Thursday and got to check out the race venue today. It had to be the best venue I have been to yet. A great amount of space for waxing and for athletes to keep their stuff, warm up and change. Right across from the our room is a huge area where there is food anytime the athletes want. Super sweet!

We race tomorrow and then on Sunday. Actually not sure if I race on Sunday yet. It will depend on how I ski tomorrow. The race on Sunday will be a 4 x 10km relay for the US men. pretty excited to be out there no matter whether I am watching or participating. Anyway below are some shots from the trip so far. It has been amazing.

Austria: Using a air warming ventilator to keep air going through the lungs nice, warm, and healthy...

Me, Newell, and Whitcomb heading back from the venue today in Nove Mesto

The first time being on the "WC Start List" in Moscow

Ramsau, Austria: SO BEAUTIFUL!

Running this AM with Newell, Tad Elliott, and Simi Hamiton (not entirely sure what Simi is doing)

Our shuttle service to and from the race venue in Nove Mesto, Czech

Kids race today outside our hotel. One kid packed it so hard and lied there with his face down in snow for about 1 minute before he got up

Swedish Team travel vehicles. They have their own "wax trailer" that happens to be the size of a double-wide

Norwegians "wax trailer"

0 comments: