Sunday, July 29, 2012

SummerQuestin', Olympics, and Marraige

This is such a great time of year with Summer Quest and the summer Olympics just beginning. I am just finishing up SummerQuest and had yet another phenomenal year with them. I will get some photos up of the crew later this week. They graduate on Thursday and I will miss the ones that graduate. So far this month we have been able to go to a Rockies game, rock climb, and move from adding and subtracting fractions to multiplying and dividing them. Pretty rocking stuff really.

Onto training. Things have been going very well. I podium'ed (finally) in a Pro bike race last Wednesday. It felt really good to do that because the past 2 months I have consistently been 4th or 5th. And I won $50 which was even sweeter. I have been feeling really good lately training. It feels like I can train much more than I used to without getting so tired. A good sign. We went on a 40 mile rollerski yesterday and it was blazing hot outside. I felt very good for the entirety of the ski but I think the sun really took it out of me. I got home planning to take a half hour nap starting at 3pm. I woke up at 6:30. Maybe my body was telling me something. Needless to say I had some troubles falling asleep las night.

Most importantly on the list is that the next time I post I will be a husband. Still kind of sounds weird, but I am one lucky guy. Sarah is everything I have ever looked for in a girl and two Saturdays from now she will be walking down the isle and I'll get to call her mine forever. I can't wait. At all.

Some pictures of life:

Cardboard cutouts of my teammates and me


Bike racing (downhill not my specialty)

Where Sarah and I are getting married


My two best girlfriends from childhood

My buddy Conor. A great man.

Doing a 6am ride for 2.5hrs with some 40-year-olds. These guys were pushing the pace the whole time.

My new sponsors (HWK) and friends (Karl and Kevin)


0 comments: