Sunday, December 30, 2012

Here comes US Champs

Oh the past two weeks has been really nice for me. Coming off of sickness in Canmore, I was very excited to head to the Midwest to spend some time with Sarah's family for Christmas. But I won't get ahead of myself because before we left for the Midwest, Sarah and I got to hang out in Banff and Canmore for a couple extra days thanks to my great friend Chandra Crawford. She hooked us up with a place to stay in Canmore and in Banff, two places which I would highly recommend visiting someday. We stayed at her house in Canmore and then Chateau Lake Louise the next night.

Christmas time in Minnesota was great. Comfy, happy, and really just a great place to train and reset the body from the 1st period of World Cup racing.

I headed back to Colorado and then onto visit my mom and her her side of the family in Fort Collins. It is also so nice to be around my family this time of the year. My aunt from Montana comes and my world-traveling uncle sneaks in some good time to make it to Fort Collins every year. I love hanging out with them and my Nana makes some mean cranberry pudding. And hanging out with my mom is always a special time for me.

Then into the mountains where I didn't unpack and just kept the same duffle for my races here in Soldier's Hollow, Utah where our National Championships are being held this season. We have a great house and a great group of skiers who are ready to get down to business at these races.

I am excited as well for these races. I'm excited to see ow my sprinting will have turned out after much intensity and altitude training over the years. I am hoping to win at least me of the races here this year, but who knows how things will turn out.

I am also very hopeful on making the World Championships team come late February. Right now my points put me right on the edge of making it. Again, we'll see...

I hope my next post brings good news. Ill check in soon. Hopefully with some more pictures!

Best,
Sylvan









0 comments: