Monday, December 17, 2012

The Last World Cups

Hey all.

My last world cups of the first period were this weekend. To say the least, they were a learning experience. I got sick last week and tried to get healthy all week. I mostly did, and took a shot at the weekend races, skipping out on the 15km classic on Thursday. My movements were good, but my body was not.

I had to drop from the 30km classic after 2 laps. Only the second time I have ever done that. Hard, but I couldn't dig a hole any deeper.

I'm now on the road to recovery hoping to have some good races in Utah at US Nationals.

Hopefully get back into the classroom quite a bit in January and February too!

As a last note I really felt the hurt of the recent Newtown, CT shootings. After spending much time in an elementary school and having a mother-in-law that is also an elementary school teacher, I really affected me. All my weekend efforts went to those who lost their lives. It was the least I felt I could do.

S













0 comments: